When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself,
art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless,
and intelligence cannot be applied." Herophilus
The South 40 Fitness Center located in the South 40 residential area offers a wide range of exercise and fitness opportunities to encourage healthy living.
Exercise Classes, Cycling, Massages, Personal Training
- Open to graduate and undergraduate students, faculty and staff.
- You do not have to be a S40 gym member to participate in any of the above services or programs.
- Please use the links above to see all that is offered!
The S40 Gym (Cardio Machines, Strength Training, Stretching & Core)
- Gym membership open to Washington University undergraduate students only.
- Graduate students, faculty, and staff have access to the Athletic Complex facilities on the Danforth campus.
- The gym is located above the dining area in the South 40 Center and is open over 100 hours per week so you can easily incorporate exercise into your busy life!